My Contact Details:

Email : samwri1984@hotmail.co.uk

Wright Creations

My photo

Hey all my name is Samantha, I'm 32 from England. Engaged. I have been handcrafting cards since I can remember from making mothers day cards at nursery to selling them to friends and family now. I love seeing the reactions on peoples faces when you make a unique handcrafted card just for them. I have also been a keen scrapbooker/photographer since I was about 5 when my parents started to foster and I always kept a scrapbook for each child we cared for - which goes with them to their new families so they don’t forget any precious memories of their childhood.

Saturday, 13 February 2010

Paper Flowers

I'm sick with the cold today so haven't ventured out of the house, so I thought I'd make some cards.
At the minute I am obsessed with these little 4x4" cards and Kraft Cards stock.

I have seen alot if different forms of paper flowers so I thought I'd give it ago.

This is what a came up with:






I think there quite cute but still haven't got the knack for distressing yet, plus I need to get some glimmer mist. I think once I have someone I will try and make some material flowers - I think the dryer sheets would be cool to make some with once sprayed with the glimmer mist.
I also want to try the grunge roses that Tim Holtz does but I don't have any modge podge to make the paper a bit more flexible. Here a tutorial which Marion (apieceofcraftdotcom)does and she make it look so easy.
On another note - My diet!!
I got weighed and I had put on 7pound since November (barring in mind I was in Florida in Nov and we have had Christmas/new year). I am back to see the dietitian on 4th March so I have to loose this before I go see her or she will take my tablets off me :-(
Adam won me a Wii at work so I am going to be using this every night and no more take aways at work so it is salads and soup all the way.
Wish me luck x

2 comments:

amanda stokes said...

Three gorgeous cards.Love your flower's and those gorgeous paper's
good luck with the weight loss
have a fab weekend
hugs amanda xx

sue-bubbles said...

Beautiful flowers Sam, they look so lovely on your cards!
Sue x