My Contact Details:

Email : samwri1984@hotmail.co.uk

Wright Creations

My photo

Hey all my name is Samantha, I'm 32 from England. Engaged. I have been handcrafting cards since I can remember from making mothers day cards at nursery to selling them to friends and family now. I love seeing the reactions on peoples faces when you make a unique handcrafted card just for them. I have also been a keen scrapbooker/photographer since I was about 5 when my parents started to foster and I always kept a scrapbook for each child we cared for - which goes with them to their new families so they don’t forget any precious memories of their childhood.

Sunday, 14 February 2010

Lovebirds Anniversary Card

Happy Valentines day everyone xxxx
Its my parents 28th Wedding anniversary today (Valentines Day - some may say aww sweet but to be honest I think its a little cheesy lol)

Birds in crafting at the minute are very hot and I think they are adorable.

My parents used to have love birds when I was little so I thought it appropriate to use this on their card.

I didn't have and chipboard birds so I searched online and the lovely Alex AKA Lola Nova had created a template for making a tote bag with this design on the front and as I am not an avid sewer I thought I'd change it up a bit.
If you would like to use the template please click here.




Guess what I used scraps on this project too as I have a box and a carrier bag full.

Apart from using the template I didn't do much, added some faux stitching, a rub on heart I had spare. LOL I have just noticed my birds dont have any eyes - oh well never mind - dont they say love blinds you?

I had a little issue with the stamping as you maybe able to tell. First off I stamped the "Love" in white but my white pad is starting to dry out and I don't have a re-inker (boohoo). The image wasn't very good so I stamped over in Black, it looks ok looks like it has a little white shadow back ground. I didn't have a stamp for the birds section so I cheated as I don't have very stylish hand writing (my writing looks alot like Verdana font!). I wanted script so I printed out the word in Abbeyline font and used tracing paper to get it onto my card. Then I wrote over with a white gel pen hey presto!


Sorry alot of writing and not alot of pictures on this blog.

3 comments:

amanda stokes said...

Fab card Michelle.I'm sure your parents will love it!
Hugs Amanda xx

Lola Nova said...

Oh, I love it! It works so well for a card, nicely done!
Thank you for letting me know about your creation, it is so fun to see what others make.

SueB said...

Stunning card, and such a wonderful template. I have also used this and adore it, thank you so much for sharing, your cards are just amazing!!
Suzie xxxx :)