My Contact Details:

Email : samw1984@aol.com

Friday 21 August 2015

Keepsake : Paw Print Frames #pawgustart‬


Project for today is a keepsake to go on the wall. It got rather messy and was a stressful day trying to do this!

Inspiration/Scraplift from Edyta Diseño which I saw on a Doggie DIY Projects post:


My frames turned out a little differently as I wanted a picture of my boys with their paw print. As you can tell the paw print looks nothing like the above one. We tried with paint and it just made a splodgie unrecognizable blob! We did have footage but I accidentally deleted it. Lets just say myself and the dogs got a little messy and stressed.


So I cleaned their paws of the paint and also now have 2 black marks on my carpet from where Barney got away from me before I could wash his paw! 
I went and had a cup of tea and looked around my desk at what else I could use as I have been thinking of making this project for a few weeks now and had already painted the frames and mounted the photos so was pretty deflated!

I googled to check if ink pads were toxic to dogs and it said as long as water-based and non-toxic and paws cleaned thoroughly after it was ok.



As you can see the paw prints are very different and they look very different even through they are the same breed of dog (Beagles). I am glad I persisted with this project as I love how they turned out. 

I used letter stickers for the names instead of writing it as I could not get it as fancy as original. 




I am going to make a big photo gallery up the stairs with different pictures/frames after we have decorated.

Remember search google, twitter and Youtube for #pawgustart and all content from Aug 20th through to 22nd will come up from everyone involved in the virtual animal art festival.


Thanks for taking the time to look and any comments left xx
Its much appreciated.
Sam xx

No comments: