My Contact Details:

Email : samw1984@aol.com

Tuesday 22 November 2011

My scrapbook story and progression over the years

My parents have fostered since I was 5 and for as long as I can remember we have made each child a scrapbook to take with them when they left us. It started off a big multi coloured sketch pad which me and my Mam would sit and cut out the photos I would stick them in and Mam would write a little journaling by each one. My Mam said I took over full time when I was about 13-14 when I was a dab hand on the computer and would type all journaling up, add clipart,  print out and glue on the photos on A4 paper and put in wallets in a clip ring binder. I don't think I got into proper scrapbooking with patterned paper and embellishments till a few years ago. I don't really remember how it started I think it was when we first visited Florida and I discovered Michael's!
I must admit looking back on some of the pages I've made which I hate and really want to re-do just dunno if its a good idea as it shows my progression in getting better, well I think getting better :-)



Here are some of my old pages from 1997 and 2002:


I made a quick video below.

Thanks for watching
Sam x

1 comment:

Tenny Kusuma said...

WOW...you've been scrapbooking for awhile. I started about 6 years ago..and seriously I wanted to re-do mine too...but I decided not to. All the scrapbook albums will show our creativity progress and how much we've changed and grown :D
TFS this..I might show my old album on YT too one of these days.
Hugs, Tenny