My Contact Details:

Email : samwri1984@hotmail.co.uk

Wright Creations

My photo

Hey all my name is Samantha, I'm 32 from England. Engaged. I have been handcrafting cards since I can remember from making mothers day cards at nursery to selling them to friends and family now. I love seeing the reactions on peoples faces when you make a unique handcrafted card just for them. I have also been a keen scrapbooker/photographer since I was about 5 when my parents started to foster and I always kept a scrapbook for each child we cared for - which goes with them to their new families so they don’t forget any precious memories of their childhood.

Tuesday, 22 November 2011

My scrapbook story and progression over the years

My parents have fostered since I was 5 and for as long as I can remember we have made each child a scrapbook to take with them when they left us. It started off a big multi coloured sketch pad which me and my Mam would sit and cut out the photos I would stick them in and Mam would write a little journaling by each one. My Mam said I took over full time when I was about 13-14 when I was a dab hand on the computer and would type all journaling up, add clipart,  print out and glue on the photos on A4 paper and put in wallets in a clip ring binder. I don't think I got into proper scrapbooking with patterned paper and embellishments till a few years ago. I don't really remember how it started I think it was when we first visited Florida and I discovered Michael's!
I must admit looking back on some of the pages I've made which I hate and really want to re-do just dunno if its a good idea as it shows my progression in getting better, well I think getting better :-)



Here are some of my old pages from 1997 and 2002:


I made a quick video below.

Thanks for watching
Sam x

1 comment:

Tenny Kusuma said...

WOW...you've been scrapbooking for awhile. I started about 6 years ago..and seriously I wanted to re-do mine too...but I decided not to. All the scrapbook albums will show our creativity progress and how much we've changed and grown :D
TFS this..I might show my old album on YT too one of these days.
Hugs, Tenny