My Contact Details:

Email : samwri1984@hotmail.co.uk

Wright Creations

My photo

Hey all my name is Samantha, I'm 32 from England. Engaged. I have been handcrafting cards since I can remember from making mothers day cards at nursery to selling them to friends and family now. I love seeing the reactions on peoples faces when you make a unique handcrafted card just for them. I have also been a keen scrapbooker/photographer since I was about 5 when my parents started to foster and I always kept a scrapbook for each child we cared for - which goes with them to their new families so they don’t forget any precious memories of their childhood.

Monday, 14 March 2011

Matryoshka Dolls Card

Adam bought me the Quick Cards craft magazine last week and it had a template in for Matryoshka Dolls.

There is also a free templete (slightly different design) Template1 or Template2

Since it was coming up to my niece's 2nd birthday party today and her little tea party at my parents was yesterday I made this card for her.



It was a little time consuming cutting out the little pieces to paper piece this together but for my first attempt it turned out pretty cute.

Papers used were from a free Garden Rose 6x6 paper pad a got free with a different magazine a month or two ago but I cant remember the name of the pad.Ill check and update this post tomorrow when I find where I put it.



I wasnt very good at drawing in the faces and the blush on the cheeks I stamped a rubber from the top of my pencil in and stamped them on faces , I should of really thought about it before I did that as the little doll has huge rosey cheeks!! I also put a number 2 mini peal off just above the trim on the big doll after I took this picture.


This is them all layed flat. Only problem as I used a 6x6 pad I had to cut the dresses separate so I didnt waste alot of paper I just traced the bottom half of the body so I only ended up using one 6x6 piece but I noticed as I folded them the paper on the hinge started to curl - argh!! Good job Amelia is only 2 and she wont really notice this :-)

Thanks for looking x

No comments: