My Contact Details:

Email : samw1984@aol.com

Monday 14 March 2011

Matryoshka Dolls Card

Adam bought me the Quick Cards craft magazine last week and it had a template in for Matryoshka Dolls.

There is also a free templete (slightly different design) Template1 or Template2

Since it was coming up to my niece's 2nd birthday party today and her little tea party at my parents was yesterday I made this card for her.



It was a little time consuming cutting out the little pieces to paper piece this together but for my first attempt it turned out pretty cute.

Papers used were from a free Garden Rose 6x6 paper pad a got free with a different magazine a month or two ago but I cant remember the name of the pad.Ill check and update this post tomorrow when I find where I put it.



I wasnt very good at drawing in the faces and the blush on the cheeks I stamped a rubber from the top of my pencil in and stamped them on faces , I should of really thought about it before I did that as the little doll has huge rosey cheeks!! I also put a number 2 mini peal off just above the trim on the big doll after I took this picture.


This is them all layed flat. Only problem as I used a 6x6 pad I had to cut the dresses separate so I didnt waste alot of paper I just traced the bottom half of the body so I only ended up using one 6x6 piece but I noticed as I folded them the paper on the hinge started to curl - argh!! Good job Amelia is only 2 and she wont really notice this :-)

Thanks for looking x

No comments: