My Contact Details:

Email : samw1984@aol.com

Thursday 3 December 2009

Christmas Cards

I have left it very late this year for making Christmas cards!!!
I only started about a week or two ago.
Thought if share a few of them that i have made. All inspired by Kristina Werner I totally love her work she is mega tallented.
I used some of equipment I got from my Haul while I was in Florida about 2 weeks ago doesnt feel like I've had a holiday now Im back at work :-(
This was my first Circle card I used my cricut. For some reason it has never really liked it and I stopped using it but I needed a perfect circle so i got it and and hey presto it cut without any arguments. I also used my cricut for the "HOHOHO" this was just from george and basics cartridge.


This adorable Santa was out a little embelishment pack I got from walmart for $1.50 I really wish I'd picked more than one packet up, hadnt realised how cute he was till i made this card!!
Used plain no name red card stock, not sure about the backing paper it is something i printed off last year and I found it in my box of scraps. I used my Friskars tredding water boarder punch on the gold cardstock.


My Second card I used a template of the top note die as I dont actually have the die for my cuttlebug.

I used plain no name red and white card stock and brown ribbed texture card stock from The Papermill Shop, the red glitter polkadot paper from My Minds Eye Sweet Dreams Holiday Avenue.




I stamped Rudolf and the sentiment in black stazon and used my water markers to colour Rudolf I have never been very good at getting the shading right but I think I did an ok job on him. (Used Seasonal Baeuty clear stamps from HamptonArt stamp set)
As Kristina Werner always finishes with white faux stitch I thought I would too. Also had to use a scrap of red ribbon to tie the pattern paper with the white as it looked to sharp and unfishished. Used a selection of odd buttons to fill in the white open space.



I made 2 other versions of this card as below:





Anyway I have to go do the house work :-(

I think you all know what I would rather be doing.
Take Care



No comments: