My Contact Details:

Email : samw1984@aol.com

Monday 6 January 2014

Sam's Scrapbook Process : If there ever comes a day

Good Evening All 

Happy New Year this is my first post for 2014 and its slightly a sad subject ive scrapped.

Its a heritage layout I have been working on for the past few days and the journaling is what took the longest as I really didn't know what to right. The photo is of my great aunt and uncle who died age 3 and 4 of Diphtheria in 1934. It is the only photo we have of them and I believe this photo was taken a month or so before they died of the disease. Very sad as my great grandmother also lost another son age 5 to the same thing 2 years earlier in 1931 but there is no photo of him.

I have had the photo for quite a few years and wanted to go with a vintage nursery theme but didn't know how to do it.





Used: 
Paper - Colorbök - French Prep

- The Girls' Paperie - Vintage Whimsey
Colorbök - Homespun Paper Collection

Vintage nursery rhyme music paper
Vintage Pram newspaper advert

Cameo cut files
vintage baby carriage by Hero Arts
- if there ever comes a day - keep me in your heart - vinyl phrase by Kolette Hall 
horse rocking horse by Samantha Walker 




Thanks so much to taking the time to view and comment its much appreciated
Sam xxx

4 comments:

An'Jenic G. said...

Sam as I read your journal it made me sad. I can't image as a mother to lose 3 kids. Its so sad and your great grandmother is a strong women. Blessed be to God that she had strength she need. Its a joy to have learn about your family through your aunt. Thank God we have other family members to help use keep them in our memories and hearts.

Cheryle said...

Sam, you did a beautiful job on this layout! They will forever be remembered, as short as their lives were. It is wonderful we can keep family and friends alive through our scrapbooking. The vintage look of the layout is perfect! I am happy, too, that as sad as it still is for your Great aunt to recount the story that you are able to get it first hand.

Cheryle said...

Sam, you did a beautiful job on this layout! They will forever be remembered, as short as their lives were. It is wonderful we can keep family and friends alive through our scrapbooking. The vintage look of the layout is perfect! I am happy, too, that as sad as it still is for your Great aunt to recount the story that you are able to get it first hand.

Justie said...

Hey Sam, I finally decided to become a follower to your blog. I've to say it very beautiful layout for your family members. This is the reason why I like scrapbook heritage pictures with stories. Because it tells a story that going to keep those family members. That have passed on. Still with us and future family members.